I decided to narrow down my original topic of “Multi-Agent Systems” to something like “How can a Team of Agents learn to achieve a goal cooperatively”.
- Shoham, Y., & Leyton-brown, K. (2009). Multiagent Systems: Algorithmic, Game-Theoretic, and Logical Foundations. ReVision, 54(1-4), 513 p. – The Foundations are important, it also gives a good overview of the whole field.
- Stone, P., & Veloso, M. M. (2000). Multiagent Systems: A Survey from a Machine Learning Perspective. Autonomous Robots, 8(3), 345-383. – Survey on how Machine Learning is used in Multi-Agent Systems in general.
- Panait. (2005). Cooperative Multi-Agent Learning: The State of the Art. Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, 11, 387-434. – Survey on how a team of agents can learn to cooperate to achieve a goal.
- Byrski, A., Dreżewski, R., Siwik, L., & Kisiel-Dorohinicki, M. (2015). Evolutionary multi-agent systems. The Knowledge Engineering Review, 30(02), 171-186. – Describes an Evolutionary Approach to Multi-Agent Learning.
- Buşoniu, L., Babuška, R., & De Schutter, B. (2008). A comprehensive survey of multiagent reinforcement learning. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics Part C: Applications and Reviews. – Describes how to use RL to teach a team of Agents.